Addictive Tells All

Facebook Twitter Digg Del.icio.us Myspace Stumbleupon Friendfeed

Interview By: Pablo Cortez

PC: Hello ladies, with your recent traveling, where do we find you today and what are you up to?

Aisha: At home in London at the moment! We’ve been really busy finishing our album and promoting our single, "Domino Effect!"

Louise: Well, at the moment in London is where you'll find us...and in the studio more then likely!! It's all been a little manic with the promotion for the single. A lot of interviews and performances too; not to forget the ground work of recording and rehearsals!!

PC: You girls both have huge voices, is this something you’ve wed to develop? Have you always been singing?

Aisha: Cliché but I've been singing for as long as I can remember! I never had vocal lessons, I wish I did but we couldn't afford it! So I use to raid my gran's CD collection and learn all the songs! As I got a bit older, I joined a gospel choir, that's where I can say my vocals developed the most, cause dem gospel singers don't joke! Lol!

Louise: I can definetly say I’ve been singing since I remember. I started singing along to Patsy Cline with my mum, as she sings too, and I swear I was like 4 or 5 years old! Then I discovered the amazing Mariah Carey and never stopped singing!!!

PC: You’ve worked with a lot of producers, is there anyone in the music industry that you’d really like to work/collaborate with in the future?

Aisha: There are lots of collaborations I'd love us to do with the obvious big names in the game like Kyane, Will.I.Am, but to be honest, I love it when we work with new up-and-coming people who are raw too!

Louise: I would love for us too work with Will.I.Am from the Black Eyed Peas. I love how creative he is with his sounds...no limits!

PC: Your recent photo shoot looked like a lot of work, great pictures by the way. Is modelling something you see yourselves doing more of?

Aisha: Thanks, glad you liked them! (smiles). It was a lot of work but I loved every minute of it! I love fashion and I love watching Next Top Model, LOL! So who knows... the sky's the limit!

Louise: Thank you!!! I really love fashion, but I’m not convinced about me and modelling...lol! For now I’ll concentrate on being the best artist I can be!

PC: What has been the response from your family and friends now that you’ve taken the music career path?

Aisha: My family and friends always knew I wanted this career, and have always encouraged and supported me! It wasn't easy, especially being the oldest sister in a single parent home.

Louise: It's so old news to my family, because they see I’ve been singing all my life! lol...na, really they are very proud at what I’ve achieved already, and they're there when I need them, so I couldn't ask for much more.

PC: I’m interested to see what music has inspired you girls. What one piece of music would you say steered you to follow music as a career?

Aisha: It’s got to be ‘Rare Grove’, that was always being blasted at my gran's house on the weekends! I've come from a really musical family, so music was always playing! My aunts and uncles were always blasting tunes like Grace Jones' ‘Pull Up To The Bumper.’ My aunt and uncle had great voices, and my other aunt was a great dancer, I remember thinking I wanted to do it all! LoL!!! I loved performing from day one!

Louise: I would have to say 'Without You' by Mariah Carey. I was so young, and I remember trying to hit those notes, and when I did it used to make me cry, because I was convinced I was sounding more and more like her. That made me happy!!! Lol funny story, I know!

PC: What overall goals have you set for yourselves regarding your career?

Aisha: Everyday we grow and achieve a goal, so our goals are constantly changing! Our goal is to not put a limit on our goals! (winks).

Louise: I want us to be very successful artists, win awards and just simply share our music with the world!

PC: Switching it up a bit, Louise has mentioned her love of grits, do you girls have a favorite dish you must have when you're at home?

Aisha: Oh yeah, I love food! I hope to do a cooking show one day, there you go… that's a goal! LOL! My favourite dish is macaroni and cheese! I love it! And I can cook it well!

Louise: Yeah, my mum's Cottage Pie is serious!!! It doesn’t matter where I am in the country, if my mum's cooking that, then I'll race home (smiles) Love it!!

PC: Aisha, what is your tattoo on your shoulder? Any tats Louise?

Aisha: It’s a treble cleft with hearts around it! Symbolising my love of music of course! I got my first tattoo on my ankle when I was 18, which was so painful, it's chinese writing. It says 'women.' Well... I hope it does anyway!!!

Louise: Yeah, I got a similar one to Aisha’s (a musical cleft) and it’s on my left wrist. people always comment on it!

PC: Any last words?

Aisha and Louise: Thanks to you and all of our fans around the world! Please check us out at http://www.myspace.com/officialaddictive

Recent Posts

Columns

Album Reviews

Free MP3's

 

Extras

CWG Comedy | Dear in the Headlights

CWG Politics

Politics | Whirled News

Pop Section

GK Clusterf*ck | The Hotline | Girls Are Wingmen

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

About | Staff | Company | Careers/Internships | Contact | Advertise